Monday, March 10, 2008

Macaw...The true love birds!




Did you know Macaw mates for life, sticks to one partner and remain together forever?! Well, here's the macaw message for all of us-''Loyalty rules!'' Also, if you click on this picture and see the original size, observe closely, you will notice the thick tongue, and no its not the lower beak...look again! Macaws use their strong beaks and tongue to crush the hardest of nuts....and as you can see in the picture below it looked as if this macaw was trying to show off his powerful beak! The ones you see here is blue and gold Macaw, which unfortunately is now endangered. I was lucky to get to see them before it becomes extinct.


<

6 comments:

Terry Tanaka said...

Thanks for the Info...I like your blog very nice one...

Anonymous said...

hey great photos! I really like your site. Have a great day!

Stacey Olson said...

Beautiful photos and message today. Were these wild birds(?) I started to assume that they were not (I forget that they are originally wild creatures) until I read your post. I have always loved parots and it just makes me sick when I see one in captivity that is being misteated, they truely do behave like human children... thanks for sharing

Stacey Olson said...

TREATED that was ment to be miss treated.. :)oops

Anonymous said...

nice infomative closeups.. with cemera you are using.

Paoper said...

is that bird staring at me or is he annoyed that i'm staring at him?