Monday, July 14, 2008

''Bird spit soup'' in the making?!



If you are wondering what on earth is bird's spit soup, turns out ''Bird spit soup'' is a most valued delicacy in some parts of asia where people believe it to be a very healthy meal that boosts your immune system and for beautiful skin. But thats from the bird called ''Swiftlet'' which uses purely saliva, that later solidifies, to make it's nest, also called ''Bird's nest soup''. Anyway, that soup being very expensive and not easily affordable, our female mallard here is all set to make her own ''spit'' soup! ...Good luck with that one!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

intresting

misofreak said...

It tastes good!!! Easily found (comes in cans and jars) in Grocery Stores throughout Southeast Asia.

Sree said...

thanks misofreak for the info, anyone else tasted this soup and found good results? Let us now...

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I need to find a way from my Indian Ring Neck Parakeet Threio to spit on my face while he's nibbling on my ears! ANother great pic BTW!

Martin MY said...

spit soup, with a name like that no wonder it hasn't been popular worldwide.

No longer valid said...

Wow, what a wonderful blog indeed.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the cutest photo duck I have ever seen. :))
I like your blog very very much.

Anonymous said...

hai, nice photos... after a long back i visited your blog... great photos specially nature patterns... why there is no post since july? r u ok

Unknown said...

my relatives on my mom's side of the family tried to make me eat it. i think i had the same problem at the time i heard it was bird spit. but for the sake of health, I am now consuming it regularly.

btw, i don't buy the super-expensive kind like old people do. the ready-to-drink kind at the stores are pretty affordable. (e.g. www.geocities.jp/hongkong_bird_nest/index_e.htm)